The Analytic Solver COM add-in is an installed application that runs within Microsoft Excel for Windows. It is not available for Microsoft Excel for Mac.
If you are running or plan to run models that are best stored and executed locally (on your machine) the COM add-in might be for you. Licensing is web based, but aside from a check at first start and once an hour during use (we can adjust this for you if needed, within reason) we don't need anything further.
With the Analytic Solver COM add-in:
- All models and operations are run locally on your machine
- You have access to all Optimization, Simulation, and Data Mining operations
- With size limits based on your license
- You can use the PSI Interpreter or the Excel Interpreter
- The Excel Interpreter allows you to use custom VBA functions within your model
- The PSI Interpreter can significantly speed up the solving process of a model
- You can "export" a model to a PowerBI Visual, Tableau Visual, RASON Web Page example, RASON.com, or RASON IDE for local testing
- You can build a model to be passed into the Solver SDK Platform
If you have any specific questions about pricing or licensing, please contact our sales team via email to email@example.com.
If you are already running the Analytic Solver COM add-in and have run into a problem that we may be able to assist with, we encourage you to look through our help desk articles available here. If you don't find the solution to your issue please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.